Level 1 Award in Preparing to work in Adult Social Care Course
STARTING SEPTEMBER 2017
10 am – 3 pm
@ Sidings Community Centre
This course is ideal if you are interested in, or new to working in Adult Social Care. It is aimed at developing your basic knowledge of the adult social care sector with a view to prepare you for voluntary or paid work in the sector.
This is a course over a maximum of 12 weeks.
Course Fees: Free for those on benefits – proof must be provided
(Housing Benefits, Income Support, Working Tax Credit earning under £16,000 and Job Seekers Allowance)
This course will cover 5 areas in Adult Social Care which are;
- Introduction to Adult Social Care.
- Introduction to the values and principles of Adult Social Care.
- Developing awareness of the skills and attitudes needed to work in Adult Social Care.
- Developing awareness of communication in Adult Social Care.
- Developing awareness of the role and responsibilities of the Adult Social Care worker.
You should already be able to follow verbal and written instructions, express ideas clearly in writing , through writing lists and short pieces of text, and pick out essential information from a variety of texts (including websites and hangouts). You should be prepared to discuss ideas in small groups and take part in a short speaking exercise. There will be homework that will include some research and you should allow approximately 10hrs a week for self-directed study time.
150 Brassey Road, London, NW6 2BA
Contact: Gio on 0207 625 6260 or email@example.com
Connie on 0207 492 2606/2521 or firstname.lastname@example.org